Pages widget

1 July 2014

Nature

A new month and a new theme at Country View Crafts Challenges and it's "Stencil it"! I knew I wanted to make a hanging as a change from the journalling I've been doing lately and so I reached for a new 'waiting to be used' stencil designed by Finnabair and was really taken with the packaging!
So I simply cut off the top and used Grunge Paste through the stencil like this (oh! I also added leaves from a Wendy Vecchi stencil:
 I then added layers of paint, all PaperArtsy Frescos, even mixing a green:
The centre of the flower needed 'something' so I found a Lynne Perrella face that fitted and did my much used stamping onto tissue paper and cut to fit. 
A little background stamping and some idea-ology to finish it off! For stability I mounted it on to a piece of cardboard that I'd painted black and it was ready to hang! I hope you'll join in with us this month!
Signature

9 comments:

Helen said...

Love this!! The colours are fab.
I agree about the packaging from Finn's stencils but keep mine in the packet so will have to decide if I want to use it...

Inkypinkycraft said...

a gorgeous , quirky and creative piece ...very you and very fab!( not sure that makes sense bit you know what I mean x)

Brenda Brown said...

Love the unusual and interesting design here Gabrielle and great use if packaging. Xx

Doreen said...

What a great stencil,love how you used it.xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Greta piece Gabrielle, love how you used the stencils, fantastic end result, brilliant!

Words and Pictures said...

Love all the textured stencilling and so cool to use the packaging too - I always save all mine!
Alison x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Gabrielle,
How wonderfully unique and interesting this wall hanging is. That LP stamp has made it really special.
Smiles:)
Sue

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I love the colours.

KarenB said...

Wonderful project. I love using product packaging too :)