Pages widget

17 March 2015

Remember Su... Make ART everyday!

It is a new theme at the Make ART blog this month and it’s stencils. The idea of the challenge is to embrace all things Wendy Vecchi. I was more than fortunate to have won last month’s challenge and my prize was some Wendy Vecchi goodies (including, fortuitously, stencils!) Sunday was Mother’s Day here in the UK and I was given a small moleskin sketchbook (sort of police notebook style - what's that really called?!) which was crying out to be inked! 
I added paints to the background and then I employed some these stencils (and some trusty old faves!) I used paint and Distress Inks through the stencils to give a sense of layers. The stripes on the side were emphasised with white pen. 
I adore my phrenology head stamp (fondly known as Su) and thought she should probably wear a headpiece encouraging me to fill my new sketchbook and so the page was born! I covered some book paper and with a thin layer of white paint and the stamped Su on top - looks like her head is full of ideas!
I hope you like my new Su! And if you know the correct name for this type of notebook I'd be really grateful!
Signature

6 comments:

Helen said...

Always nice to see Su... don't know what the style of notebook is called, but I am liking it a lot! Great page, and I like Su's headdress too.

Nikki Acton said...

Brilliant! Nikki x

Art By Wanda said...

Fun page!!!!

Julie Lee said...

Lovely little page, Gabrielle. I do hope you will make art every day in it and post it too. It's so lovely to see your work. I always wish I had more Wendy Vecchi. I have one or two of her stamps and some beautiful gold texture paste. xxx

Kim said...

This is so much fun, Gabrielle, I love it! Really creative!!

wendy vecchi said...

GORGEOUS background!
and I LOVE your style!