Pages widget

4 May 2015

A soul blossoming...

The long Bank Holiday weekend has given me a really great opportunity to play with 'homemade' paint sprays. This fortnight PaperArtsy are encouraging us to use sprays and whilst I love using spray inks I have never made sprays using paint. There's a wealth of information on how to do this here in this video.
I made two sprays (with Bora Bora and Bourgainvillea) and just had fun! I made a background like Jo showcased but then cut it all up and used it for an upcoming birthday card so I can't share that (and I forgot to take photos - doh!) and I started my calendar journal page for June - this is a sneak peek:
My third project was in my journal. I prepped that page with Chalk paint and then lightly sprayed the two homemade sprays, drying each one in between. Then I sprayed both together at the top of the page and let them dribble down. I liked the drips Kate made and so I had to use them somewhere!
The effect is very soft because I used such light sprays - if I had sprayed more heavily the effect would have been stronger.
The Lin Brown flower and bottle were sprayed with the paint sprays and then with the flower I added some of the spray mixture to the flowerhead to add definition. I then went a bit bonkers and added lots of painty circles - I could have perhaps held back a little there!
Thank you, as always, for popping by!
Signature

10 comments:

Helen said...

looks like you've had a very productive and creative weekend!! Love your drippy journal page, the colours are gorgeous.

snazzyoriginal said...

Great drips, the colours are beautiful x

Etsuko said...

So lovely pages, fantastic colours and fab sentiment. xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous painty drips! x

Hazel Agnew said...

I like the painty circles Gabrielle! They accent the colours in the flower! Great piece! x

Sarah B said...

love the soft delicate effect you've achieved here xx

Deb said...

Beautiful journal page Gabrielle, what a wonderful sentiment!

Kirsten said...

A beautiful page, I love the subtle colours.

Trish said...

Wonderful journal - beautiful!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! X