Pages widget

29 October 2015

Floral Texture

This month’s challenge over at Country View Crafts Challenges is ‘Add some Texture’. This is a wonderfully diverse topic that means you can let your imagination run wild! I started with an MDF block and last time I showed you one side, this is the other! I used the new paint colours from PaperArtsy and Slate.
I started by adding Grunge Paste through a dotty stencil and... I didn’t like it! So I sanded the grunge paste down to leave a shadow of the dots and then stencilled the flowers on top.
I decided to do the opposite from before – I added light green paint, then green paint
Then plum and blue and kept adding painty layers until I was happy!
I loved this at this point but decided I wanted the flowers to be darker... Did I make the right decision?!
The final touch was to add a watercolour highlight to the flower. I used a black watercolour pencil and then added water to activate it but you could use charcoal or a Distress marker or watered down paint...
Thank you for popping by – I know the team are looking forward to seeing what you make!


Signature

4 comments:

Helen said...

Love this!! I'd completely forgotten I was going to make something for this challenge.. not sure I shall have time now!!

rachel said...

love this ... the bright colours suit me personally but i still love your finished piece. hugs rachel x

sarascloset said...

Beautiful visual texture over the tactile texture! Love this!

Karen Petitt said...

It is beautiful Gabrielle - just wonderful work and I love it a lot Karen x